Thursday, May 29, 2008

Empty Apartment, Workaholism, and Uncertainty

First, pictures from Friday!




I'm sorry I haven't been updating lately. Its not because nothing is happening in my life, its that the things that are happening are more on a personal and interpersonal level and if I tried to write it out would turn this post into a blubbering mess of text. So I'll try not to do that too much.

So with the end of my undergraduate career, the most surprising thing that I've learned about myself is that I love school. Well, I always knew I loved it, but I just didn't know to what extent. Its been not even two weeks and I am going into withdrawal and my brain feels like its turning to mush. To make up for this, I've become a workaholic. This week was supposed to be my week of relaxation, a break before I start my next job which requires me to be there 8-5. I regretted not going to San Diego the day after Zowie, Nate, and Tim left but received an e-mail from Rita Maran, (the lady I agreed to do an International Human Rights internship with) reminding me that we had a meeting on Monday. Yes, Monday was Memorial Day and I worked, well I like to think of it as volunteering, from 10 am to 6. During this session I met Joan, a student from Barcelona (pronounced like Juan).

At night, Katelyn and I experienced a surge of Cal spirit and manifested our feelings via baked goods:



We also decided to celebrate Diana's unbirthday:



Tuesday I commuted with Chester, boyfriend extraordinaire to the Central store on 4th and Howard in SF. Yes, I worked for the empire. But it wasn't that bad as it was just helping looking up environmental standards/requirements that certain IT products had to adhere to. Then at 12:30 I joined the United Nations Association delegation on 1 Post Street to meet with a field representative at Diane Feinstein's office. I've decided that I never want to become a field representative. I've also decided that Feinstein has a nice-ass office and that Mark Twain was correct about San Francisco in the summer.

On Wednesday, Chester left in an orange tie and black suit as well as left me his whole apartment, in all its untidy glory. I don't like empty apartments and I don't like sleeping alone. Even a roommate is preferred than a single. I have, however enjoyed being able to dance around like a fool because no one's watching!
Later on at night, hung out with the girls at their apartment. My friend Trishna recently came back from Rome and it was really great chatting it up again. =)

Today, had a meeting with the League of Women Voters to plan a Climate Change and Peace conference that is occurring on September 21, also International Day of Peace. Then met up with Jason for lunch--very anticlimactic and disappointing in some respects even though it was great to see him again. Headed to Greenlining afterward and spent the afternoon reviewing interview questions and doing media management on Final Cut. Now I know you don't want to hear about the rest of my day (it can get pretty boring if I start just listing things) so I'll just say that I went on a run and fate has not allowed me to go to Shandong with Tim and Nate.

Peace.

I MISS EVERYONE ALREADY!!!!!! =( =( =( =(

3 comments:

Laura said...

Jeeeeeesus, let me know when it's time to vot you in as SF badass of the year -- it's so good to hear of all the activity you've been getting yourself into this past week - I'm fairly certain that it will open up some extremeley awesome post-berkeley opportunities for you. Any live music events on the calendar?

fifi said...

Ariane, your the bomb man! Here i am going to all these clubs and your out saving the world. haha...no but really that was a wonderful post. i'm happy you got to lounge around and do your little fun dance at chesters, and got to go on an sf adventure, what did mark twain say about sf in the summer again?, and shit we need to do something big for International Peace Day!!?? Any ideas? live music at beckett's friday night...i can't wait to get the real juicy gossip!!

Serena said...

it just occurred to me that you post a lot of pictures of food....