
It's past my bed time so all I have room for today is one picture. The weather is perfect here. It was nice and hot with a light breeze. The sun is very dangerous here. You can sit outside for 15 minutes with no sunscreen and get fried. That is what my face and arms look like now....fried. Little did I know that as I was soaking up the sun on the ferry ride and the beach I was also soaking up some major sun blasts of heat to my dear little body. Newho, the beach was absolutely amazing. Just laying there feeling the sun on my body, the warmth of the sand on my feet, watching the people on their surf boards with the mountains in the background was devine! I plan on doing it everyday! I'm planning on ditching my snow bunny status for a hawaiian beach babe soon enough! haha ...more to come...Just wanted to write to say hello and I made it!

Okay one more pic. I just had to show you a street in Nelson. Its a lot bigger than this one street of course but this will give you something to look at. The colors of the city are so much brighter than you see here. Imagine the camera had shades on when the picture was taken. Doesn't this city remind you of Santa Barbara!
Part of the reason I came is to learn about the culture here. So each day I wanna try to answer a question. Today the question will be: How do people in Nelson New Zealand dress?
2 comments:
Wait...so...the sun is somehow more intense down there...or you just forgot to wear sunscreen...or both?
I had the same sensation on the islands of Greece: that the sun was more intense, somehow, and that colors were much more vibrant, somehow.
Glad you made it safely! Add this question to your queue of questions to ask: do New Zealanders call kiwi fruit "kiwi fruit" as well?
The sun is intense over here! Its one of the most dangerous in the world people are saying. when you go to the beach cancer people are handing out free umbrella's for shade and free sunscreen.
Yeah, the colors are like Greece. remember greece. the houses are so white, the water is so blue, and the flowers really standout. That's how bright things are here. Everything is illuminated.
I'll ask about the fruit at the market on saturday. I found you a kiwi bird. Before I even got your post I took a picture of a "kiwi bird" that came to say hi to me right when I got into New Zealand. I'l put it up soon. Hope all is going well Chestery.
Post a Comment